Misc: Everything Else Shorai Battery for electric start

Trickymicky

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I need a Shorai 12 volt 14ah battery to fit inside a traditional rubber case. Carrot Cycles dont have any stock, and suggested about 12 weeks before they got any. No joy with MDS either.
Can anyone suggest anywhere that might hold stock in the UK ? Thanks.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator

vibrac

VOC Member
The recommended battery for the Comet electric start is huge 18Ah which is strange as the twin recommended is 14Ah (yes I know it should be cranking amps but Ah is what I have to hand) Ians in the video is a minor Lithmium that fits into a Lucas case and is more than man enough but of course is expensive.
With a decompressor at the start I am going to start with a 12AH AGM because I have one already a refugee from the alphbet twin (when it did have an electric start ) now spare as the twin has been morphed into a racer and I already have a battery holder mod that will take it we shall see.

Trickymicky

VOC Member
If anyone is needing a Shorai battery, as i did, and have found that in the uk there is no stock of the smaller cased ones, you could try VPM tech in the Czech Republic. They had the one i needed in stock and it arrived in about a week. You can pay by bank transfer or Paypal.