• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

ET: Engine (Twin) Shock Absorber Springs

ossie

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
with bike in gear and clutch engaged engine running bike seems hard to push back with feet on ground would shock springs collapse cause this just asking will have to investigate further was running fine and changing gears ok before this?????

vibrac

VOC Member
Am I missing something?
bike in gear clutch engaged you should be moving forward ! :eek: so I guess we are useing different terms
if you mean clutch is withdrawn in gear with engine running then I would suggest its more likely to be clutch drag that is impeding rearward movement

nigsey

VOC Member
Get the tick over down as low as you can .
Thanks Bill, a fast (ish) tickover when warm has been a problem I’ve tried to cure without much success. I’ve tried screwing the carb pilot screw in and out and there’s a little free play in the cables. Tickover is slow upon first start up. Wondering if there’s a slight air leak somewhere?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Funny , My ex L/ning rep' Was doing it the other day,
Went to the coast and never got above 50 mph, Traffic was everywhere, Madness.
Martyn has been talking about ATD springs, But Mine is Electronic !!,
As I said to a Forum Chap the other day, Set the tick over when Hot !,
If it's right when cold , It's wrong !.
Funny they say Twin clutch shoes don't WORK by throwing out,
But I think they throw out a bit ?.

stu spalding

VOC Member
Funny they say Twin clutch shoes don't WORK by throwing out,
But I think they throw out a bit ?.
Hi Bill, the drive end of the shoe, with the pin C9 and a portion of the link C10, is about 2oz heavier than the overrun end. This doesn't have much effect at low revs but it's what causes stiff gearchanging at high revs. Cheers, Stu.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories