G: Gearbox (Twin) Shadow trans will not shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denny653

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Basically when the cover was removed to repair the lower corner, the G 40 shaft has come out a little bringing the G 59 AS assembly with it, the pawl has then dropped out of alignment with the tang on the G 61 plate........It would take only a few seconds to rectify it and put the cover back on, then try the gearshift just to be sure before reinstalling the exhaust.........Cheers.
Greg, I put the G64 spring back in place, but that didn't cure the problem. I could move the G81 shift indicator through the gears, but the foot shift lever would not move. I went through all of the shift mechanism steps and still nothing. Finally, I took the shifter parts apart behind the G66AS lever. The G70 spring was out of place and just floating there. Put it back on and now it shifts. Snick - snick.

Thank you to everyone who contributed. Den

greg brillus

VOC Member
Den, You were unlucky enough that the shafts must have come away with the kickstart cover and upset everything........its when the same thing happens when the timing cover comes off that you run for the hills.......Cheers and merry Christmas..........Greg.

Denny653

VOC Member
Den, You were unlucky enough that the shafts must have come away with the kickstart cover and upset everything........its when the same thing happens when the timing cover comes off that you run for the hills.......Cheers and merry Christmas..........Greg.
Greg, unlucky in one respect, but lucky in that some knowledgeable and patient people keep helping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.