ET: Engine (Twin) Shadow Engine strip

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you look at the pushrods in the video,at about 11:13, they are the same as a set i was asked to modify..In standard followers they jam in the follower before full lift because there is no relief behind the rounded end..Has anyone else seen them with this problem?

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
If you look at the pushrods in the video,at about 11:13, they are the same as a set i was asked to modify..In standard followers they jam in the follower before full lift because there is no relief behind the rounded end..Has anyone else seen them with this problem?

????? In the video (see the first post) the timing chest is EMPTY - no pushrods or cam followers. What video are you referring to???

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
????? In the video (see the first post) the timing chest is EMPTY - no pushrods or cam followers. What video are you referring to???
Morning Martyn, 58 sec from the start.
John, The other three are OK, Maybe the bent one jumped out, Not fitted right, I have seen that with standard ones.
I have them with Somerton Cams, But they are done with an under cut as you say. Cheers Bill.

nkt267

VOC Member
Sorry:oops: MartynG as bill said 55 secs into the video listed in the first post,the pushrods are on the bench ..john

nkt267

VOC Member
the top is the unmodified and the bottom is the one i added relief to

Attachments

• P1020664.JPG
    P1020664.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 53

timetraveller

VOC Member
Roy Robertson tried push rods similar to this. He first used titanium tube and ends and found that the coefficient of thermal expansion was unsuitable and the clearances were prejudiced. Also the wear characteristics were poor. He later used aluminium tubes with either stainless steel or hardened ends (I forget which) and they worked well. The idea was to keep down the mass of the valve train components.