Shadow Comet

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Someone knows what are the engine numbers of Shadow Comet made in 1951?

As Alexander Pope said, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" so I'm trying to get rid of the little I have. The Meteor 500c.c. model was the equivalent in tune to the Rapide. The Comet, with its higher compression and bigger carburettor was nearly" Half a Shadow". Maybe you have just heard of, or seen, a Comet that has black painted crankcases. Now, if you know of a genuine Grey Flash, tell me, but DON'T LET ANY OTHER BUGGER KNOW heh,heh. F5AB/2A/7945 since 1950 P.S. JOIN THE CLUB.

b'knighted

VOC Member
chankly bore The Comet said:
The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.

greg brillus

VOC Member
If you hook up a piece of hose from the missing plug to the carb of the running cylinder, would this give you a "Blown Comet"..... :)

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Nope....
To loose a shadow all you eed is VERY bright light :)[

M
QUOTE=b'knighted;39294]The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.[/QUOTE]

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Nope....
To loose a shadow all you eed is VERY bright light :)[

M
QUOTE=b'knighted;39294]The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.
[/QUOTE]

My Comet is so fast it doesn't leave a Shadow :)