Shadow Comet

Big Sid

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Sid here . Our 50 Meteor has been breathed upon to good effect . 8 to 1 piston , head ported out to 32 mm with matching manifold and carb , good cam . Goes well over the ton . Very smooth , super easy starter . Handles light and sweetly with its Brampton fork . Simply a lovely machine . Indeed a Comet is a revelation if set up right . Our 600 will amaze you .

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member

My Comet is so fast it doesn't leave a Shadow :)[/QUOTE]

Is that because the Shadow has left the Comet behind ???

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
If you hook up a piece of hose from the missing plug to the carb of the running cylinder, would this give you a "Blown Comet"..... :)

But I suspect the rear piston would be descending when the front inlet valve is open, so you'd have a breathless Comet ??

davidd

VOC Member
Risada,

There was one Black Flash that was sent to Trivellato in Brasil. It was owned by Edgard Soares, who is so well known in your country. I can guess at the numbers, but the bike no longer exists so it would not be appropriate to guess because there is no evidence that associates the number with the bike. If you have any more questions you can write me at daviddunfey@hotmail.com.

All the best,

David

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Not joshing about how healthy a runner our Meteor is . A few other details left out before , it's inlet manifold is muchly straightened out and a velocity stack aids ram , while out back is a dialed in SuperTrap . A source of power loss is that massaged manifold , the std Shadow manifolds knuckle is an impediment to ram effect , straighter is better . I could furnish photos if interested .
Sid .

Risada

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks to everyone for the atention.

My first doubt about of the Shadow Comet's existence came when I saw the right side painel of the machine in question, a Comet 1951. And the Vincent name in the rectangular marking is still in black, exactly as the Black Shadow that I'm restoring is as it was when I received it, since most of these machines had its black paint removed.

A friend of mine visited London last year and gave me a good magazine (The Classic Motor Cycle - number 11, november 2012), with the Big Red Vincent on the cover page. On the page number 27 there is an advertisement of the Bonhams (The Autumn Stafford Sale) you can see a picture of the unknown "Shadow Comet" for sale. The magazine was printed in England, what can I do? Belive it or not???