• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Shadow Comet

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Someone knows what are the engine numbers of Shadow Comet made in 1951?

As Alexander Pope said, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" so I'm trying to get rid of the little I have. The Meteor 500c.c. model was the equivalent in tune to the Rapide. The Comet, with its higher compression and bigger carburettor was nearly" Half a Shadow". Maybe you have just heard of, or seen, a Comet that has black painted crankcases. Now, if you know of a genuine Grey Flash, tell me, but DON'T LET ANY OTHER BUGGER KNOW heh,heh. F5AB/2A/7945 since 1950 P.S. JOIN THE CLUB.

b'knighted

VOC Member
chankly bore The Comet said:
The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.

greg brillus

VOC Member
If you hook up a piece of hose from the missing plug to the carb of the running cylinder, would this give you a "Blown Comet"..... :)

Martyn Goodwin

VOC Member
Nope....
To loose a shadow all you eed is VERY bright light :)[

M
QUOTE=b'knighted;39294]The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.[/QUOTE]

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Nope....
To loose a shadow all you eed is VERY bright light :)[

M
QUOTE=b'knighted;39294]The Comet is much more than half a Black shadow - it is a Black Shadow minus one cylinder. To halve a Shadow you'd have to lose a wheel, one fork leg, half the seat, etc.. Try running a Shadow with one spark plug missing. I bet it wouldn't match a Comet.
[/QUOTE]

My Comet is so fast it doesn't leave a Shadow :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.