Server Update

G

Graham Smith

In order to provide us with the most reliable and robust hosting environment available, our server host is upgrading the operating system on the server that hosts our online forum and also The VOC Spares Company Limited's website (although their shop will still be available if you know the direct link).

The maintenance window will start on 27th May 2020 between 0700hrs BST and 1300hrs BST.

It is expected there will be around two to three hours of downtime during the maintenance window. However, the upgrade process could take up to five or six hours to be fully completed.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too much.

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Graham,
I have noticed that the forum has got much slower over the last few weeks.
Hopefully the upgrade will improve things.

Many Thanks
Neil

danno

Non-VOC Member
Hi
Website loading time has slowed a lot with pages taking up to a minute to load on iPad. Currently doing
this from laptop which is a little better.
Not a full VOC member but the forum has always been fine to access. Just wondering if this is due to the update or restricted access.
I'll probably join soon but will be no good if the slow website loading time continues.
Any help appreciated.

G

Graham Smith

Hi @danno

We’ve recently migrated to a new server, and we reserve the high bandwidth and system performance for VOC Members.

Non VOC Members are assigned any bandwidth that’s left.

I would think that’s why you’re experiencing random delays and failures in system behaviour.

If you join the VOC, you'll get the high bandwidth that the other members enjoy, plus you'll gain access to all the other material on the website.

Regards

Graham Smith

danno

Non-VOC Member
Hi @danno

We’ve recently migrated to a new server, and we reserve the high bandwidth and system performance for VOC Members.

Non VOC Members are assigned any bandwidth that’s left.

I would think that’s why you’re experiencing random delays and failures in system behaviour.

If you join the VOC, you'll get the high bandwidth that the other members enjoy, plus you'll gain access to all the other material on the website.

Regards

Graham Smith

Thanks for the reply. That explains it.
Regards
Dan