Series D

matt chambers

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi there Guys,

after a bit of a long-term lay off I have finally pulled out my series D Black Prince.

I have fallen out with it's looks and want an open series D. because the bike has been in the family since 1958 I really don't want to sell the bike, so what are my options?

Is there anyone out there with the Series D parts I require that is willing to sell them? Swap them for my enclosed parts? can I buy the parts new? Can anyone shed any light on my dilemma?

Cheers

Matt chambers

www.omegadesignsolutions.co.uk

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Matt, I'm the chap who bought all your father's cycle parts from him years ago and then let you have them all back to keep the numbers correct in exchange for replacements. Nice to know that the Vin is still in the family. You might find that you need less than you think. Ally mudguards and their stays are readily available but getting mudguards that are a good fit is harder than it should be. You will need a different headlight and rear number plate and the biggest part is the rear seat support frame and toolbox. The frame could be fabricated by any competent welder with a tube bender and might even be available for all I know. The oil tank is the same, open or closed. The toolbox is likely to be a problem. Your surplus enclosures will find a ready home. If you need any advice then contact me on enw07@btinternet.

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there Guys,

after a bit of a long-term lay off I have finally pulled out my series D Black Prince.

I have fallen out with it's looks and want an open series D. because the bike has been in the family since 1958 I really don't want to sell the bike, so what are my options?

Is there anyone out there with the Series D parts I require that is willing to sell them? Swap them for my enclosed parts? can I buy the parts new? Can anyone shed any light on my dilemma?

Cheers

Matt chambers

www.omegadesignsolutions.co.uk

Hi Matt, If your serious about converting to "open", i´ve got a spare "D" headlight and rim (the correct lipped one), and i might have a 120 mph 3" speedo somewhere i´d be willing to swap for some parts.
The headlight is identical to the original except for a missing hole top front for the ignition key. I meant to do some research on which other bikes used this headlight (because of the missing hole) but have never got around to it.

I´ve also seen copy toolboxes for sale on one of the various vincent websites.(I´ll see if i can find it again)
These parts are the only ones that should cause any real sourcing problems. The rest is all readily available or easy enough to make.

matt chambers

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments, i have moved on in as much as i am very reluctant to sell my original parts but still wish to run the bike as an open D, if you have any open parts for sale please contact me.

Kind regards

matt