Misc: Everything Else Series D picture

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am using an AVO one I just needed a photo at the 'right' angle to show a single shock on a 1955 (in the 1954 show) Vincent otherwise its back to spring boxes and separate dampers. I still have to persuade them that an AVO is a acceptable replacement and that a 'C' frame attachment is an acceptable recipient.
You Aussies dont realise how lax your 'classic' racing rules are :) to give you a flavor I have to fit a mechanical rev counter and no high level pipes without penalty

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I couldn't work out why Mac's looks so neat, Bottom fixing, Then thought mine is a hacked about "C" rear frame !, But "D" top tube.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Tim, yes the rules seem different for each country........ None the less, I think our reasoning is the numbers of bikes from that era of racing is dwindling due to costs and the age of the riders of these machines, so they don't seem too fazed about things. One question I have always wondered, how do the racers in the paddock racing genuine bikes feel about competing against the likes of Molnar Manx's........now that is something that to me is completely unfair.........Not too many original Manx's that had near 70 odd HP......... Not too many Vincent twins that could keep up with a decent rider on one of those.........