• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Everything Else Series D picture

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I have done a image search, but to no avail, I am looking for a series D picture with seat off (but tank on) showing the single rear shock its taken from above

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Here's mine. Sorry, the tank is off for the moment. Let me know if you need another pic with the tank mounted. I'll be remounting it in a few days, after I deal with some re-wiring.

Gary

Attachments

Russell Kemp

VOC Member
Hi Tim, the spares co might have one (my old one) as I put them on to the family of the deceased owner to see if they could sell his bikes.

Russ

vibrac

VOC Member
Thanks guys
I can get what I need from those, you have helped with a road racers eligibility problems :cool:

greg brillus

VOC Member
Don't use one of those heavy monsters, just modify a pitbike one off ebay like I did, the unit weighed in at 1 kg even........Now that's how you save weight on a racer, especially if you do it on the front as well. Make you own rear attachment bracket so you can jack the rear up higher, more ground clearance plus it will turn in much quicker on corners due to the sharper steering angle.

vibrac

VOC Member
I am using an AVO one I just needed a photo at the 'right' angle to show a single shock on a 1955 (in the 1954 show) Vincent otherwise its back to spring boxes and separate dampers. I still have to persuade them that an AVO is a acceptable replacement and that a 'C' frame attachment is an acceptable recipient.
You Aussies dont realise how lax your 'classic' racing rules are :) to give you a flavor I have to fit a mechanical rev counter and no high level pipes without penalty

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I couldn't work out why Mac's looks so neat, Bottom fixing, Then thought mine is a hacked about "C" rear frame !, But "D" top tube.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Tim, yes the rules seem different for each country........ None the less, I think our reasoning is the numbers of bikes from that era of racing is dwindling due to costs and the age of the riders of these machines, so they don't seem too fazed about things. One question I have always wondered, how do the racers in the paddock racing genuine bikes feel about competing against the likes of Molnar Manx's........now that is something that to me is completely unfair.........Not too many original Manx's that had near 70 odd HP......... Not too many Vincent twins that could keep up with a decent rider on one of those.........

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?