• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Series 'C' Shadow on eBay

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I can't believe the values that some ask for their bikes, especially given the amount of non standard parts on them. I know the correct parts can be installed, but that's not how you are actually buying the bike is it.

vibrac

VOC Member
Those parts on that bike would encourage me to buy it. Not that I am in the market.
Now a serious question ( again not for me as I have no intention of selling either) after the line up at Bonham's, the bikes here,the throughput of bikes at Vincent spares and the fact that it's spring in the north when we should be up and away riding: is there a glut of selling Vincent's?

Last edited:

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I hate it when I see in an advert "registered with Vincent Owners Club" as if it's a confirmation the bike numbers has been checked and confirmed by the club. Just because a member puts their bike numbers on their membership form it doesn't mean the bikes numbers have been checked as there is not enough days in the year to check each bikes reported numbers every year. If your going to sell a Vincent then go through the process to get an up to date VOC dating certificate before you advertise it as I see some bikes for sale with certificates from 1990 or earlier. Anything could have happened between then and now.
I have no record of a VOC dating certificate ever been issued for this bike and certainly not by myself.

Whenever you are looking at buying a Vincent get recent photos of all the numbers from the seller and pass them to the VOC Machine Registrar or Researcher who can check them against the factory record. If a seller will not provide the requested info / photos ask yourself why. As the buyer it's up to you to do your own due diligence and not believe the seller.

RonandLinda

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
The seller of this bike is a new club member who joined on 31st March 2019. Interesting logo on the damper knob which reads as JR I wonder if at some time in it's past life it belonged to a West London member, John Richardson. John went in to a home many years ago and is most likely deceased.

Garth Robinson

VOC Member
The seller of this bike is a new club member who joined on 31st March 2019. Interesting logo on the damper knob which reads as JR I wonder if at some time in it's past life it belonged to a West London member, John Richardson. John went in to a home many years ago and is most likely deceased.
It also says 'Ride it don't hide it', Wasn't that a 'One track' quote from MPH back in the seventies?

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?