Series B Rapide dimensions

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there,

I need a quick answer to two questions:

What's the overall length of a Series B Rapide?

What's the overall height of a Series B Rapide? It's got Girdraulics and alloy rims with 19" tyres.

The books I have available give wheelbase, etc, but not overall dimensions. Accurate figures/best guesses (if informed) would be welcomed.

I need to get one in a hire van ASAP - after which (DV), I should be joining the Club . . .

Regards

Jeremy Churchill

tonythecat

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Jeremy,

Just measured mine length 88 inches. Height 44inches this bike has 20" front wheel and 5" speeedo which will make it a bit higher than standard, hope this helps.

Tony

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum User
VOC Member
Won't you get a scolding from Brussels for not using millimeters?
A) As I'm nearly as old as the bike I'm picking up, I plead the "can't teach old dogs new tricks" line
B) As an Englishman born and bred, I reserve the right to tell Brussels what to do with themselves . .

and C) I'd rather risk a slapping from Brussels than the risk of being haunted by Phil Irving's ghost . . . :>)

Alan J

VOC Member
Measurements!!

Being of the "old school" myself-I find m.m. a pain in the proverbial butt!!- but we must move with the times!! my friend texted his son to say they had a 100c.m. of snow overnight!! his son is in "the Royal Navy"- "Dad, 100c.m. is a Metre" {well over a yard}, even in 1947, which I JUST remember, we didn't have that much!! I know in the "U.S. of "A" that is not much, but in the "old country" a yard of snow would be catrastrophic!! 3 inches {75 m.m.} bringsus:eek::eek::eek: to a halt!!

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
measurements

I have always considered anything measured in M M to mean "mickey mouse". Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.

indianken

Non-VOC Member
I have always considered anything measured in M M to mean "mickey mouse". Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.

Roy,
This is the first thing metric I had to deal with after high school.
81MM
Ken Smith 81MM MORTAR.jpg

John Appleton

VOC Member
[. Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.[/quote]

Exept bore, stroke and bearings at the time of the Korean war.