• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Series B Rapide dimensions

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi there,

I need a quick answer to two questions:

What's the overall length of a Series B Rapide?

What's the overall height of a Series B Rapide? It's got Girdraulics and alloy rims with 19" tyres.

The books I have available give wheelbase, etc, but not overall dimensions. Accurate figures/best guesses (if informed) would be welcomed.

I need to get one in a hire van ASAP - after which (DV), I should be joining the Club . . .

Regards

Jeremy Churchill

tonythecat

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Jeremy,

Just measured mine length 88 inches. Height 44inches this bike has 20" front wheel and 5" speeedo which will make it a bit higher than standard, hope this helps.

Tony

Jeremy Churchill 1

Forum Website User
VOC Member
Won't you get a scolding from Brussels for not using millimeters?
A) As I'm nearly as old as the bike I'm picking up, I plead the "can't teach old dogs new tricks" line
B) As an Englishman born and bred, I reserve the right to tell Brussels what to do with themselves . .

and C) I'd rather risk a slapping from Brussels than the risk of being haunted by Phil Irving's ghost . . . :>)

Alan J

VOC Member
Measurements!!

Being of the "old school" myself-I find m.m. a pain in the proverbial butt!!- but we must move with the times!! my friend texted his son to say they had a 100c.m. of snow overnight!! his son is in "the Royal Navy"- "Dad, 100c.m. is a Metre" {well over a yard}, even in 1947, which I JUST remember, we didn't have that much!! I know in the "U.S. of "A" that is not much, but in the "old country" a yard of snow would be catrastrophic!! 3 inches {75 m.m.} bringsus:eek::eek::eek: to a halt!!

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
measurements

I have always considered anything measured in M M to mean "mickey mouse". Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.

indianken

Non-VOC Member
I have always considered anything measured in M M to mean "mickey mouse". Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.

Roy,
This is the first thing metric I had to deal with after high school.
81MM
Ken Smith 81MM MORTAR.jpg

John Appleton

VOC Member
[. Screw Brussels, our machines were made in "God's own" inches. Roy.[/quote]

Exept bore, stroke and bearings at the time of the Korean war.

Warning! This thread is more than 14yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Far Far North Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally