• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Series 'A' Specific Series 'A' Silencers

Stanley chappell

Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Can anyone inform me on the dimensions of Series 'A' silencers both the Single and Twin a sketch would be great help.

We need to keep this online forum website going - as my doctor told me - use it or loose it!

I am in court next Monday.

Thanks Stanley

Last edited by a moderator:

A Nut

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi Stan,
Jump in your car and drive over to Wotton (it can't be more than 2 miles) and bring your tape measure and you can measure mine (the silencer, that is!) I think mine is either the original that Gerry had rechromed or a very good copy. It is a spiral baffle type and I have an old one cut up so that you can see the construction of the baffle.
Bri

A_HRD

VOC Member
Stan,
Then you can go home via my place and compare your measurements with my repro silencer that I think I bought from Armours a few years back.
Going to Court? You haven't been speeding on that Douglas again have you?
Pete

vibrac

VOC Member
As an owner of 3 Dougli I can assure you that( until the imposition of 20 mph limits ) it is extremely difficult to speed on at least 2 of my Dougli and as I have never ventured on a dual carriageway on the third I dont know if I could reach illegal top speeds. Having said that I love them.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Armours are showing "A" silencers on there web site,
Good price, I like dealing with them, Bournemouth, South UK.
Cheers Bill.