Series A Section Organiser(s)

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Since Andrew Walker has chosen not to renew his VOC Membership for this year (2022), please be advised that with immediate effect, Brian Werrett and myself have volunteered to take the reins of "Series A Section Organiser" jointly.

We are both very busy people, so with this arrangement we should be able to meet the requirements of the post more than adequately between us. Especially so given that we are in the same VOC Section (Mid-Glos), we only live 15 miles apart - and we went to the same school together!

Brian has an immaculate 'A' Comet and a TT Replica (TTR). I am restoring a TT Comet (TTC) while occasionally manufacturing/seeking parts which I'm hoping might morph, one day in to a Series A Twin replica.

Meanwhile, we are happy to assist members with Series 'A' technical queries on this forum insofar as we are able; and we'd welcome input and opinions, as always, from all those with a common interest. I'm guessing that the formal voc email addresses will also materialise, in due course, for persons not using the forum.

Spring is coming in the northern hemisphere - let's get those A's on the road....

This is our page that we hope to update at some point soon: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/resources/60-series-a.956/

Peter Barker and Brian Werrett

Last edited by a moderator:

billirwinnz

VOC Member
Welcome news! I appreciate the past help you both gave me with information about my TTR which is now a reliable and enjoyable ride.

John Reynolds

VOC Member
Good news indeed. The Series A Review was such a highlight of MPH when Bob Stafford was still with us and it has been such a vacuum lately. I'm sure that things will improve!

A Nut

VOC Member
There won't be a report in the edition due out now (Jan) as nothing was finalized but I have written one which will appear in the Feb issue along with an A article in the main correspondence. Peter will be writing one for the March edition, but please keep the info coming. We are trying to organize a Series A meet as opposed to a full blown rally. Please watch the diary/section review.
Brian

G

Graham Smith

There won't be a report in the edition due out now (Jan) as nothing was finalized but I have written one which will appear in the Feb issue along with an A article in the main correspondence. Peter will be writing one for the March edition, but please keep the info coming. We are trying to organize a Series A meet as opposed to a full blown rally. Please watch the diary/section review.
Brian
Hi Brian

Have you thought about combining something with the Series 'D' Section?

I know Paul is trying to put something together for this year.

Albervin

VOC Member
Good to see some enthusiasm at last. I think this vindicates Graham's call for a new Series A Section organiser at the AGM. While I am no longer a Series A owner there is a chance I will be again.