Series A Rocker Oil Feed Adjusters

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very much a long shot, I know; but over the years, some people have made themselves rocker oil-feed adjusters
(that screw in to the cam box) comprising a tapered needle and locknut - enabling flow adjustment to be made externally while the engine is running. Clearly, a much better solution to the original set-up where you have to remove the feed-pipe to make adjustments - probably multiple times for each rocker until it's correct.

So my question is, does anyone have any such devices on the shelf, doing nothing, which could be swapped for appropriate beer tokens? I'll need four - but even 2 would help!

Peter B

A_HRD

VOC Member
Hi Vincent,

Thank You for your interest.
I've just done a 'quick and dirty' sketch to give you an idea.
The original was a two-piece item with the taper needle inside pointing down!
The vertical heights and the 1/8" BSP threads are particularly important. So is the 0.525" hex.
Material is brass.
Your ideas for a good way of sealing the taper needle would be welcomed.

Just say if you don't want to be involved...

Peter B

P1090164.jpg

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
Bruce,
Maybe that would be the easiest solution, if available.
Others ideas welcome too.
Peter B

timetraveller

VOC Member
If I have understood it properly then a flat bottomed recess to take an 'o' ring which is proud by five thou and then the lock nut traps that 'o' ring and compresses it. You would not even see it.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Peter, later today I will dig out the solution that was put on my A twin back in the day, which I didn't find and figure out what they were until I had made all new bits in SS !!!!!!

A_HRD

VOC Member
If I have understood it properly then a flat bottomed recess to take an 'o' ring which is proud by five thou and then the lock nut traps that 'o' ring and compresses it. You would not even see it.
Yes indeed, and it would be easier to machine the locknut - especially if it were one hex size up...
Peter B

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I looked for the ones that came on my A to no avail. There were a bit like a banjo bolt in that the oil lines came out at 90 degrees to what is standard and had needle adjusters in the vertical position going straight down where the banjo bolt normally goes. Also all the pictures I have from back in the day either don't show that side or show the originals.