Series A rear stand

Andy B

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
It appears I have a later rear stand, can anyone please post some detailed pictures and dimensions of an original series A stand and I will endeavour to manufacture one. Anyone needing the later stand please PM me for pictures. Thank you.

Albervin

VOC Member
It appears I have a later rear stand, can anyone please post some detailed pictures and dimensions of an original series A stand and I will endeavour to manufacture one. Anyone needing the later stand please PM me for pictures. Thank you.
What do you mean by a later stand? All Series A machines used a Terrey Clip to fasten the stand. Do you have a post war mount?

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have the original one from my A twin which is a BIG mess. however was invaluable for making a new one which is not an onerous task. I have leant it once to make one for an A single and if you were closer would lend it to you. I'm sure you can find one closer to borrow and copy.

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
What do you mean by a later stand? All Series A machines used a Terrey Clip to fasten the stand. Do you have a post war mount?
This is the stand I have. The number looks like FT10/1 SA 5.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 20

timetraveller

VOC Member
A new one including VAT and P&P is £216 so perhaps £100 would be a starting price. However a lot of rear stands have suffered over the years by dropping down while riding and the rider not realising, which wears away part of the rear of the stand or otherwise being abused. From your photos yours looks OK but it would have to be inspected before a price could really be arrived at. Perhaps one of your local chums might be interested. Otherwise the shipping to the rest of the world would have to be taken into account.