Series "A" Rear spring box question

Dinny

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone happen to have the dimensions for the slots cut into the spring box? Looking at pictures I see two slots in most but my friction bands have 3 friction pads?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Mark

Also looking for a pre war carb, 89/011, burman clutch buffer plates x 6 and early front footrests & spacers.

nkt267

VOC Member
Does anyone happen to have the dimensions for the slots cut into the spring box? Looking at pictures I see two slots in most but my friction bands have 3 friction pads?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Mark

Also looking for a pre war carb, 89/011, burman clutch buffer plates x 6 and early front footrests & spacers.
Check out Draganfly motorcycles for the buffer plates and rubbers. I got some for a 1927 OK supreme from them..

Dinny

VOC Member
Dragonfly have been out of stock for at least a year with no known date so I don't think they will be restocking them. I'm talking to the Panther owners club to see if they have them.

Thanks
Mark

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just took a friction band of my A and there are definitely 2 slots. the slots are 5/8" wide, and 1-3/4" long across the curved face of the spring box. The slot width starts 1/2" from the lower edge of the spring box.
The two slots are not directly opposite each other. The ends of the slots are 1.5" apart in the area where the clamping bolt is.

Simon

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
Surely the reason there is three friction pads is that two of the pads line up with the holes to create friction on the inner and the other grips the outer. That's what I presumed but I've been wrong before. Mark I have spare clutch plates but won't be parting with them until restoration is complete.

Dinny

VOC Member
Thanks for the info Andy. My outer covers are missing and so it was not clear to me but I’ve got it figured out now.

The clutch washers I need are the ones for the Cush drive to mount the sprocket on the drum.

Thanks
Mark