Series A Questions

Clay

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I said I'd post some pictures to show the colour so here they are. Still needs the decals adding and a coat of clear to protect from ethanol but you can see what Ford Imperial Maroon looks like - a whole lot better than it was!

IMG_6360.JPG
IMG_6359.JPG

vibrac

VOC Member
I think a 'C' would look nice in that colour.....:cool:

Like most things Vincent, I not only bet its been done, but I also bet some reader has a photo..;)

vibrac

VOC Member
Incidentally that shade looks a lot like Amaranth Red from the well known Meriden stable
upload_2017-7-15_22-1-30.png

I guess Turner copied Phil.... the dates say so

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Hi - Simon mentions the A Comet, parked in 1940. Here's a shot of the bike.

It is the most amazing machine; I'm sure the only really original pre-war bike out there. It has only moved from garage to garage in the same farm since the outbreak of the War.

My sense is the maroon of pre-war bikes is darker than most people think, or restore their bikes with.

I've taken shots of another unrestored one, which is in Kent.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram, I will post a few more pics, as they don't upload easily here.

Search 'Speed Is Expensive' on FB or @speed_is_expensive on Insta.

David Lancaster

Attachments

• Orignal A comet 6 copy.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 77

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hi - Simon mentions the A Comet, parked in 1940. Here's a shot of the bike.

It is the most amazing machine; I'm sure the only really original pre-war bike out there. It has only moved from garage to garage in the same farm since the outbreak of the War.

My sense is the maroon of pre-war bikes is darker than most people think, or restore their bikes with.

I've taken shots of another unrestored one, which is in Kent.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram, I will post a few more pics, as they don't upload easily here.

Search 'Speed Is Expensive' on FB or @speed_is_expensive on Insta.

David Lancaster

Hi David,
I'd take a bit of mild rubbing compound to a discreet spot and see what it looks like with 77 years of grunge wiped off it.
Cheers, John