• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Series A Questions

Clay

Active Website User
VOC Member
I said I'd post some pictures to show the colour so here they are. Still needs the decals adding and a coat of clear to protect from ethanol but you can see what Ford Imperial Maroon looks like - a whole lot better than it was!

IMG_6360.JPG IMG_6359.JPG

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I think a 'C' would look nice in that colour.....:cool:

Like most things Vincent, I not only bet its been done, but I also bet some reader has a photo..;)

vibrac

VOC Member
Incidentally that shade looks a lot like Amaranth Red from the well known Meriden stable
upload_2017-7-15_22-1-30.png

I guess Turner copied Phil.... the dates say so

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Hi - Simon mentions the A Comet, parked in 1940. Here's a shot of the bike.

It is the most amazing machine; I'm sure the only really original pre-war bike out there. It has only moved from garage to garage in the same farm since the outbreak of the War.

My sense is the maroon of pre-war bikes is darker than most people think, or restore their bikes with.

I've taken shots of another unrestored one, which is in Kent.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram, I will post a few more pics, as they don't upload easily here.

Search 'Speed Is Expensive' on FB or @speed_is_expensive on Insta.

David Lancaster

Attachments

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hi - Simon mentions the A Comet, parked in 1940. Here's a shot of the bike.

It is the most amazing machine; I'm sure the only really original pre-war bike out there. It has only moved from garage to garage in the same farm since the outbreak of the War.

My sense is the maroon of pre-war bikes is darker than most people think, or restore their bikes with.

I've taken shots of another unrestored one, which is in Kent.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram, I will post a few more pics, as they don't upload easily here.

Search 'Speed Is Expensive' on FB or @speed_is_expensive on Insta.

David Lancaster
Hi David,
I'd take a bit of mild rubbing compound to a discreet spot and see what it looks like with 77 years of grunge wiped off it.
Cheers, John

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?