Who has these , no white

Attachments

• E77AF216-7F15-4AD2-A9DF-7CBC24D1BA63.jpeg
    E77AF216-7F15-4AD2-A9DF-7CBC24D1BA63.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 48

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I got some from John Kidd several years ago but I could never get the cleat to go really black when covered in clear coat. I would go and get my own made if I wanted them again.

Attachments

• _MG_3108.JPG
    _MG_3108.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 43

Robin Denny

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In 1958 FRB 827 had a black tank and the transfer panels were fairly small carrying the name Vincent. It is possible that the black and transfer were original because I believe she was non-standard and maybe rather special. She certainly had Comet cams and alloy mudguards.
For a while I rode her solo with my left leg in a full length plaster cast.
Robin Denny.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Robin,
Interesting; would you happen to have a photo from way back then - showing not only the tank/transfer but the rest of FRB 827 too?
I once heard that there was a photo of this bike doing the rounds with Colin Seeley and son posing with it - but I don't think I've ever seen that one. There was also a rumour that it was owned many decades ago by an RAF guy; was that you by any chance?
Peter B

Robin Denny

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dear Peter,
I have twice replied to your message with my offer of help but have been slapped down by the automatic VOC.
Many years ago I corresponded with a friend whose e-mail address was "blacklightning..plus something". It seems this belongs to VOC now and I had the temerity to use it.
The "don't answer" slap down is rather reminiscent of the "welcome" I received many, many years ago when I visited two of the VOC groups, one of which seemed to be run solely for the benefit of a four-person clique, two of whom bragged about riding back from Dover on a moonlit night at 100mph using only sidelights.
I am also reminded every time that my access is "Very restricted".
Sorry.
Yours aye,
Robin Denny.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Robin,

Contact: ••••••••••• and we can swap email addresses - if you want to.
I avoid politics at all levels in order to keep stress levels down - but more than happy to chat about Series As. I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;-)

Peter

Last edited by a moderator: