Series 'A' Meteor Decompression Lever

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Graham
I believe my 1938 "A" meteor to be very very original (I may of course be deluded) so I raised him from his winter Vac-Bag slumbers. and photographed his valve lifter. The picture of the clip did not come out well but the clip is clearly stamped "AMAL"

Attachments

• SAM_4384.JPG
    SAM_4384.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 23

delboy

VOC Member
Come on folks, help an old idiot here. Keep any period photos coming! I just need one more original photo' to tip me over the edge into believing that they did fit the "Trigger type" to the 500's. [I'm 75% there]
Anyone got access to pre-war copies of "Motor Cycle" and "The Motor Cycle"? There might just be a photo we've overlooked?
Cheers,
Delboy.

G

Graham Smith

Here's some period photos Derek.

Sadly though, nothing from the side you need to tip you over the edge.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.34.32.png
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.34.13.png
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.33.56.png
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.33.41.png

Colin

VOC Member
Come on folks, help an old idiot here. Keep any period photos coming! I just need one more original photo' to tip me over the edge into believing that they did fit the "Trigger type" to the 500's. [I'm 75% there]
Anyone got access to pre-war copies of "Motor Cycle" and "The Motor Cycle"? There might just be a photo we've overlooked?
Cheers,
Delboy.
Blimey Delboy, if we're all messing about with 80/90 year old mo'bikes we all tipped over the edge years ago!
Fun though innit?

Colin

VOC Member
I've got an original dipswitch on mine,,so there! Do you know why these are SO RARE? It's because they are so basic (???) that once something better came along in the 50s and 60s everyone threw the original away..! Mine is modified, by time, so as to have no paint left, just the nice shiny brass it is made of .
Only a couple or so years ago, I had reason to write to HRD as one of the original headlamp bulbs had ceased to work, sadly I did not get a reply.

Now putting on my tin hat and ducking below the parapet.

delboy

VOC Member
Sorry,
to be clearer, I meant period photos that included the valve lifter lever, to prove it's "Triggerness"
Cheers,
Delboy.

delboy

VOC Member
Hi folks,
have just received a notification in my e-mail which I think is supposed to alert me of a new posting here with two photos of a "trigger" valve lift lever.
A. I can't open them from my e-mail.
B. They don't seem to appear here.
C. I'm looking in the wrong place!
Tres strange?
Anyone any clue?
Delboy.

delboy

VOC Member
Hi Bill,
no, the notification was to alert me that Bikerjoan had posted two photos in this thread about "A" valve lifters, but they're not here!?
Regards,
Delboy.