Series A Instruction Book

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can someone tell me what I have here please? It appears the pages are typed but no idea on the cover. The pages are stitched and there are no staples. It appears quite old but not sure if it is over 80 years old. I have an enquiry from someone who wants to buy it and I do not want to rip them off

Attachments

• Series A1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Series A2.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 26

Albervin

VOC Member
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.05.47 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.06.37 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 9.06.37 pm.png

davidd

VOC Member
Ian,

This is the front cover, face sheet and the last is the text style of the one from Gene Aucott's collection.

Instruction Book 01.PNG

Instruction Book 02.PNG

Instruction Book 03.PNG

David

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have one like the picture that David posted. It is 6 1/2 X 8 1/4 and runs 28 pages plus the covers.

the differences are that it appears to have finer outline box which has a little star in all 4 corners on the front cover just inside the box. the price is 1/6 and postage 3d. and there is a 5th star between the price and the postage. It appears to have the same text layout inside as David's
I have 3 others that are obviously later and larger but none have a typed text.

On all of them the cover appears to be a proper print job and I think Alyn's appears to have been hand done by a calligrapher perhaps.

Now if you could tell us that one of the Phil's did it personally or perhaps the Queens printer who owned a nice A twin----------------------------!

Albervin

VOC Member
Maybe they were printed in the country that was selling them; so this may be the Australian version available from Green's in Australia?
Greens1.jpg