Series A in CB.

Mark Fraser

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just read this month's CB magazine. A nice article about a Series A / Series B rap's.
The article states value of the A to be 150-250K :eek:

I'm sure I read in a mag a couple of years back that a Series A rap replica was on the cards. Does anyone else recall this? If so who was going to produce it?

G

Graham Smith

Both of those bikes are also featured on page 32 of this month's MPH!

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Just read this month's CB magazine. A nice article about a Series A / Series B rap's.

I'm sure I read in a mag a couple of years back that a Series A rap replica was on the cards. Does anyone else recall this? If so who was going to produce it?

As much as a Rough Inferior now then !

G

Graham Smith

I'm led to believe that at least two people are making batches of Series 'A' Twins.

Not sure how much they'll go for, but you can bet it'll be a lot of money!

Albervin

VOC Member

Orders are being taken now for engines. $100,000 AUS I believe.(I may be wrong & this may be the price for a whole bike) Get in quick as I am told only 12 are being made. :rolleyes: The makers of the Irving Vincent are the people to see.

B

Bikersally

Two years ago I heard it was going to be a joint venture between Conways and the Norvincentre. How true it is I'm not sure.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I believe you are all correct.

Colin Jenner is behind a batch of a A twins (possibly 10-12 in number?) and as Albervin says, a batch in Aus is under way, and dan Smith has built an A'ish twin replica. It has been completed to full dry build, dismantled and now everything is out for painting, plating, finish machining etc before final running assembly.

Last year 2 or 3 sold and two were equal to or in excess of US 300K, plus the one from Verrals that set a Bonhams record for a "regular" street bike, ie It wasn't the BS that Lawrence crashed etc. and if I recall GBP just around 210K with the premiums and taxes.