Well Known and Active Website User
Thanks Peter, getting back to the bearing housing set up, I think changing the design from the semi floating pre war verses the solid on the post war was definitely an improvement if nothing but to save wear in the steel housing, but it all means little now as they all seem to have survived this far without complete destruction. It is interesting to see the difference though. I could not compare this to the new replica twin engine I built last year on account of it running the back to back taper rollers on the drive side..........Pretty good mod at that. As for the alloy washers, I think these are aircraft parts, as I seem to remember them from years ago when we restored a couple of British planes. I think a small smear of ThreeBond on the cam box will minamise oil leaks I hope. Today I assembled the bottom end after changing the two timing side bearings, the front and rear engine plates with original finish "Black" studs and cad plated nuts and washers. I should get my act together so I can post some pics on here for you. It is coming together really nicely. Cheers.............Greg.