Series ‘D’ Black Shadow Value

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
RGS .. ROCKET GOLD STAR That and my D Shadow are my favourites to ride but on wet days like today I went to Shuttleworth for breakfast on my Triumph TR5T

andrew peters

VOC Member
1574625616285.png

Laverda RGS 1000...I guess 'cos I grew up with 70s bikes... my (almost admit) favourite bike is a 75 R90S.. I've had since 1979

kerry

VOC Member
Laverda Looks nice, good quality and fast I am told ? I grew up with 50s-60s bike hence mine now, I tried 100 + different bikes in the past 3 years and settled on Rocket Gold Star and Vincent partly because they were made locally to me by my friends family etc and of course they are interesting, ahead of there time and keep up with modern traffic. Both have good brakes whereas most were poor from my era. I and others had a nice run out to Shuttleworth again today for breakfast, wet and mucky roads so on my TR5T triumph.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
We're technically off topic but what the hell? So second to a Vincent is an A 10? OK. I guess there's more there than I realized. They are pretty. I don't remember if I ever had a ride on one.
I have to confess that in my case, the second favorite is my '82 BMW R100 RS. In colder weather, it's the first. It also pains me to admit that it stops better than the Vincent, despite its Speet brakes and probably has more power to boot. They're both great bikes to ride.

I'm glad I asked. Always something to learn.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes RGS was always a Rocket Gold Star I had one for a short while, never liked it, in spite of many a ride to Banbury ( no not the cross but Eddie Dows)
Also a bike that has more fakes than real ones

kerry

VOC Member
We're technically off topic but what the hell? So second to a Vincent is an A 10? OK. I guess there's more there than I realized. They are pretty. I don't remember if I ever had a ride on one.
I have to confess that in my case, the second favorite is my '82 BMW R100 RS. In colder weather, it's the first. It also pains me to admit that it stops better than the Vincent, despite its Speet brakes and probably has more power to boot. They're both great bikes to ride.

I'm glad I asked. Always something to learn.

I like your off topic comments, regarding BMW bikes, nice quality for sure but I have found them a bit heavy, that said at 5' 7" and under 11 stone I don't find a Vincent too heavy at 460 ilb's. To get back to the Vincent series D thread, look at the Leominster auction prices last week and others, we certainly are experiencing falling prices with a correct Rapide only realising £32032 incl premium, maybe a D Shadow if correct is now around £45,000 to £50,000 ? whereas the one in Wales being 'not correct' in my opinion its value cannot be more than the correct rapide, probably less, just my view.

I in 1989 bought a White Shadow for £18000 but in the 1992 recession we had to move home and struggled to sell it at £11000, hopefully if we get brexit done things will not get that bad again. For those who don't remember, House prices crashed, our Bungalow was started at £155,000 and was reduced by £1000 a week until it sold at £87000.

My white shadow attached, yes I would like it back, where is it please ? reg WSV 392 I think, age related number plate because it came back from mauritius but matching numbers

Thank you.

Attachments

• 26.7.11 021.JPG
    26.7.11 021.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 32