F: Frame Series ‘C’ Headstock Decal position

Mike T

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi guys, I would like to replace the decal/transfer on my 51 Rapide and wanted to ask if there is a correct position (e.g. centered half way)?
It seems a little high, but I wasn't sure if there is a correct location. Thanks for your advice!

IMG_4170.JPG

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Here is an untouched original transfer, looks pretty much centered to me. BTW, if your engine number is not a fair bit above 9900, you should NOT have the "Vincent Engineers" Mercury Crest. Bikes in the high 9800, low 9900 range of engine numbers were built in late 1952, and I don't think the firm name was changed to Vincent Engineers until part way through 1953. Very, very, very few Series C machines should have the Vincent Engineers transfers.

IMG_2336.JPG

Mike T

VOC Member
Here is an untouched original transfer, looks pretty much centered to me. BTW, if your engine number is not a fair bit above 9900, you should NOT have the "Vincent Engineers" Mercury Crest. Bikes in the high 9800, low 9900 range of engine numbers were built in late 1952, and I don't think the firm name was changed to Vincent Engineers until part way through 1953. Very, very, very few Series C machines should have the Vincent Engineers transfers.

Excellent, thanks a lot Steve and for the info concerning the Vincent Engineers decal! Yes, I ordered the regular Vincent decal and hadn't actually noticed that until you pointed it out! Much appreciated.

J

Josh Smith

0B29245E-9D13-4CF3-88F2-5F9D10179911.png
D2302F18-647F-4598-B8B8-7C12ADFC0991.jpeg

Hi Mike,

Here are some photos of the position on our mid-1950s Comet which was restored in the 70s. The decal looks pretty original and looks like it was positioned in the centre.

Hope this helps!