Series ‘A’ Valves

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; Vic is a well-known modifier and, clearly enjoys it and he does it extremely well. But for me personally, the challenge, the excitement and the pleasure is in reversing such modifications and bringing Series A machines back to as near original as possible/practical - allowing me to ride and show-off these 85 year old examples of 'antique industrial art' in their amazing original and innovative form.

Peter B

oexing

VOC Member
Peter, you are certainly right about originality. Nevertheless I´d be interested if that job has come to an acceptable end with die cutting .

Vic

A_HRD

VOC Member
Me to. If it were mine I'd take the valve along to my local CNC turners where they can dial-in any thread-form and cut it into virtually any material with ceramic tooling. It's strange really because the valves are available from various sources with the threads already formed - and to a high standard too. FWIW I've never heard of one stripping in use - despite reading most of what has been written on Series As in the last 70 years.

Peter B