Series ‘A’ Single - Nuts and Bolts

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,
Unless I'm mistaken, the nuts and bolts on the frame are all BSF with often half nuts (in thickness). I search (without finding) a supplier who sells assorted/mixed pack of zinc plated BSF half nuts (through lack of cadmium). Do you know one ?
Thanks.

John Reynolds

VOC Member
Hello,
Unless I'm mistaken, the nuts and bolts on the frame are all BSF with often half nuts (in thickness). I search (without finding) a supplier who sells assorted/mixed pack of zinc plated BSF half nuts (through lack of cadmium). Do you know one ?
Thanks.
I don't know a source of zinc plated half nuts but stainless ones (as well as a good selection of bolts, full nuts, washers etc) are available at https://stainlessmiddleton.co.uk/ . Incidentally, many of the threads of the Series A frame are BSC (26 TPI) which are also available from D Middleton & Son.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Anyone looking for Series A hub bolts, all new with nuts and cad plated, I have a full set of 10 (maybe even 11) and an extra 25 or more of the nuts which are all 5/16 threads but hexed to fit a 1/4 bsf spanner.

I too would be pretty sure that any threads into the frame castings would be BSC however bolts going through the frame with nuts on would likely be BSF.

Michel

VOC Member
Does "half nuts" (in thickness) or "thin nuts" are the same meaning ?

In my experience, the best way to imitate cadmium is to sand the stainless steel slightly. The yellow zinc coating is good too.