Series ‘A’ Silencer Bracket

Alan Gorrell

New Forum User
VOC Member
An update on Exhaust Brackets.

I am able to go forward with making a batch of the SHORT ones - sample dimensions are the same.

However, Robert's bracket dimensions (thank you!) for the LONG ones are quite different from the Conway-supplied replica. Both have potential issues on my mock-up with touching the RH brake-cross-shaft lug when the RFM is moved up and down. So I would be really grateful for dimensions of at least one other LONG bracket so that I can have a reasonable chance of getting this right first time. Can anyone else help please?

Peter B
Peter,
Please could you add me to list for a short type.
Thanks
Alan

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, although I bought the material and cut it up accordingly, the project got over-taken by events. My bikes, parts and workshop have been packed-up in it their entirety and put in long-term storage while I have sold my house (and lost the one I intend to buy) and am living in a small rented property nearby - and seeking to buy a double garage and workshop with a house attached - urgently! My only workshop at the moment is a tool-box under the stairs for DIY tasks!

My apologies to you and anyone else affected by my unfortunate circumstances...

Cheers, Peter B

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, although I bought the material and cut it up accordingly, the project got over-taken by events. My bikes, parts and workshop have been packed-up in it their entirety and put in long-term storage while I have sold my house (and lost the one I intend to buy) and am living in a small rented property nearby - and seeking to buy a double garage and workshop with a house attached - urgently! My only workshop at the moment is a tool-box under the stairs for DIY tasks!

Cheers, Peter B
Peter you need to be using black iron to get that shape cold .

Dinny

VOC Member
Hi Mark,

Cheers, Peter B
Hi Peter,

No worries, I hope you get everything sorted soon and get back on it. A trip to Home Depot got some of the correct size steel and I have set about making one.
Cheers
Mark