Selling my Rapide??

sand64

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Some time ago I bought a non matching Rapide, 1953 engine and what I believe is an earlier UFM. The bike have been standing for quite some years but it's fairly original with a good patina. It was build up from parts in 1965 and taken off the road in 1967, or at least this is what I can read from the registration papers. I'm not sure that I'm up to the job to get this great bike to it's former glory and will consider a new home for it, where will be the best place to sell a bike like this? VOC or Ebay..

Attachments

• P7040329 (1280x960).jpg
    P7040329 (1280x960).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 91

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I thought you were selling it by putting in this message :)
the spares company have sold a few bikes on commission in the last few months

Albervin

VOC Member
e-bay is not a great place to sell classic bikes. Fees are just the start of it. First of all advertise it in MPH (once you have decided on your price). If that doesn't work then consider e-bay.

Albervin

VOC Member
This is not the correct place to be advertising bikes and parts for sale. The forum rules are at the top of this page so have a quick look at them.
The VOC Forum prohibits advertising, spam and/or solicitation within the body of individual forum posts. When reported by other forum members, or when we discover violations of this policy, we will take appropriate action up to and including banning ........
I suggest you direct people to the classified section or place an advert in MPH.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
This is not the correct place to be advertising bikes and parts for sale. The forum rules are at the top of this page so have a quick look at them.
The VOC Forum prohibits advertising, spam and/or solicitation within the body of individual forum posts. When reported by other forum members, or when we discover violations of this policy, we will take appropriate action up to and including banning ........
I suggest you direct people to the classified section or place an advert in MPH.

No need to SHOUT Alyn.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
I would consider selling here if there is someone out there willing to buy..

BEST idea...send it to me here in OZ and I will look after it until it eventually sells, won't even charge you any commission (unless of course you would like to chip in for running costs, registration etc) I promise to take it all over Australia for maximum exposure so that I can be sure of getting the best price for you.
If that doesn't work then simply fly me and the bike back to the UK, put a For Sale sign on it and I will begrudgingly drag the pair of us around UK and Europe in the vain hope of ridding you of this burden that must, by now, be weighing heavily upon your weary shoulders, if you find this magnanimous gesture of mine sounds too much like charity then, fear not good friend, as I will therefore also allow you to pay me a daily stipend towards relaxation and accommodation (speeding fines, parking fines, Guinness and Bail)

Yours, forever altruistic, Kevin :rolleyes:

mercurycrest

VOC Member

So what's the violation Alyn?:confused:
Cheers, John