Selling a Bike on the Website

vincentvtwin

Forum User
VOC Member
I am going to sell my comet project and have not really studied this forum before, I just wondered if there are any drawbacks or things to be wary of before advertising or any advice etc.

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would say be as honest in the representation of the machine as possible. I would also say photos help allot and we are a picky bunch so have thick skin.

My only other bit of advise would be call the VOC spares company as they do sell bikes.

Comet

VOC Member
You could also advertise it in MPH which would gain you a much larger audience within the VOC, and it is free to advertise a Vincent in the magazine.
As above, be as truthful as you can be in the description of what you are selling. There is little more frustrating than travelling to see a bike with a handful of cash only to find that "new head" or "fitted with new cams" really means and old bus that has had its neck wrung for 100,000 miles and has barely seen an oil change in that time. If advertising here then photos are always a help and will get buyers attention.
Plus, its a Comet, who doesn't want a Comet!!!

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I am going to sell my comet project and have not really studied this forum before, I just wondered if there are any drawbacks or things to be wary of before advertising or any advice etc.
a) Which Comet? A, B, C, D
b) the shorter list, pls. aa) parts included
bb) parts missing
c) credit lines

J

Josh Smith

Hi @vincentvtwin

I am the Advertisement Manager for the Club. Before going ahead with anything, I recommend getting in touch with Simon Dinsdale, Machine Registrar (@vin998).

After this, you can place an advertisement in MPH for free in the 'For Sale' section or via the Website.

If you have any further questions, please PM me on here, or e-mail me on ads998@vincentownersclub.co.uk

Josh Smith
Advertisement Manager

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
In addition to advertising it on here, if you contact the VOC Spares company , they sell members bikes for a reasonable fee.
As Josh Smith has suggested above, contact Simon Dinsdale (machine registrar), if you haven't already, and obtain a new dating certificate, which the Spares Company will want to see before advertising it for you.
They put it on their website and of course, have it in their shop for you for all to see.
If you cannot get hold of Simon by email registrar998@voc.uk.com I can start the ball rolling for getting a dating certificate.
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher
email research998@voc.uk.com

Last edited:

vincentvtwin

Forum User
VOC Member
Many thanks for all the advice, Saturdays weather looks good so I will get the bike out and get some images and refresh my memory cells, I have owned it a while and have a letter from the club with works order form and who it was despatched to etc. I will contact the club as mentioned above.