Seeking Vincent HRD reg: FMW367 can you help?

geoffslad

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I recently lost my father and in his effects I found the original riders handbook, purchase receipt, and a black and white photograph of him riding his Vincent H.R.D (circa 1950). It gave him a tremendous amount of pleasure, as both mum and dad called themselves the original 'ton-up kids'. "The bike was garanteed when purchased to do 100mph with a pillion". It would be of great interest to me, and my mother, to see if the bike is still running. If you have any information I would be very grateful. Frame no: R3411 Engine no: F10AB/1/1421 (or F1019B/1/1421?) Reg: FMW367

Many thanks.

miked

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its not on the DVLA, so either scrapped, exported or the registration has been transfered on to a different marque.

Mike

geoffslad

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Mike many thanks for taking the trouble to check through the DVLA, could this be the end of the trail? Or have you any other suggestions I could try.

Dave

Vince Farrell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I recently lost my father and in his effects I found the original riders handbook, purchase receipt, and a black and white photograph of him riding his Vincent H.R.D (circa 1950). It gave him a tremendous amount of pleasure, as both mum and dad called themselves the original 'ton-up kids'. "The bike was garanteed when purchased to do 100mph with a pillion". It would be of great interest to me, and my mother, to see if the bike is still running. If you have any information I would be very grateful. Frame no: R3411 Engine no: F10AB/1/1421 (or F1019B/1/1421?) Reg: FMW367

Many thanks.

The bike is still in circulation, send me your `phone # to research998@voc.uk.com and I will give you a call.

Vince Farrell - VOC Machine Researcher