Seeking particular UFM (most likely in USA)

GBewley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am attempting to find a particular UFM or headstock from same. I am told it was lost for all time but let’s give it a shot just in case this is not true. I also know that the club is not aware of the whereabouts of these pieces.

The one I am seeking is serial number 80x6. I give only the three of the figures in order to avoid the possibility of fraud, not that I would expect any such shenanigans from this fine group, but one never knows.

Should you have a UFM which fits into this scheme...from 8006 to 8096, know that I am willing to offer a perfectly good, painted UFM plus cash or services for your efforts, to attain the part, as long as it is either useable or salvageable. Please send a photograph of the UFM steering head with the numbers clearly shown to me directly (this avoids folks just taking shots and then restamping) and I will let you know if you have the one I seek and perhaps we can make a deal. I am seeking the RFM for the same machine, so check your stock of those as well! And if you know anyone who has a stash of such parts who may not be on the jtan list, please forward this request to them. For that matter I have a few more mismatches with good replacements available and I may post them a bit later.

I appreciate your help!

Glenn

GBewley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I just wanted to make it clear that I am seeking this part for one of my own personal bikes...I would state that it was not for mine if I were seeking it for a customer.

Thanks!