Security of Motorcycles

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Rather interesting worth looking into, it's a pity that the further info webpage on the RBS site is not accessable.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
For my money the best brands of security are Ely-Kynoch and Smith+ Wesson, especially as we are now officially allowed to protect ourselves.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
002.jpg
For my money the best brands of security are Ely-Kynoch and Smith+ Wesson, especially as we are now officially allowed to protect ourselves.

I've been using one of those companies since the mid seventies. Good, reliable service. :cool:
Cheers, John

DaveTurner

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Our machines already have identifying? marks on them.I had a bike with those microdots and the police new nothing about them.In my opinion its just another sales gimmick to get money out of us.
Once your bikes gone its gone.Chain it to your wife.
Dave Turner

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Ex wives are worse then thieves, they have the law on their side and it costs a fortune to get your bike back!!

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Tracker Security System.

OK Guys. Thanks for the stupid and comedy replies. You're so funny.:( You're going to sit in the garage 24/7 or at a VOC Rally with your grandchildren running around and you have a gun in your hand? Er, no, I don't think so.

This is not just a microdot system. It texts your phone if the bike moves. You do have a mobile phone, don't you?

I have had some more serious enquiries from people who get out there riding around the UK and Europe and attending Rallies and do want to see the system in action. The Bristol section and the South Wales section are planning to ask him to visit and demonstrate it.

So, I have emailed the guy asking about guarantee, heat,vibration and water resistance.

I see there is a discount for bulk purchase.

So if you would like to see the system please get in touch.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Like the idea, but it only works as long as there is a mobile phone signal !!! Been to quite a few VOC rallies where it can be difficult to receive a phone signal.

I have started to use a Zena XUL270 U lock which has a built in 110db alarm and so will be set off if the bike is moved or the lock is disturbed and if you see it in the flesh its chunky as just looks like its saying f*** o**. See:
http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/bullett/main/XULSeries/XUL270/page1/

Bought it after I found out my 15 year old kryptonite U lock can be opened with a biro pen body.

Last edited:

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I agree, Applecross had no signal. Perhaps a combination of locks plus the stockade device.

They say if you don't get the bike back in 48 hours you're never getting it back. Hopefully in 48 hours you could get a signal.

How waterproof is the lock ? Some of these die after some rain.

Last edited: