Security Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I remember windows! I have still have a version thats 85 higher than10 ;) its very good and simple but nowadays I prefer Linix, firefox and duck duck go that combination is a little more unobtrusive and when that man with the foreign accent rings up from Microsoft support to help me get over my 'problem' I can tell him the approximate anotomical maneuvers I suggest he does with his mouse

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
Windows 95? I like MSdos 3.3 as dos 5 was a heap of poo and vista windows 2000 me.

There has only been three good working versions of windows that was windows 95 , XP and windows 7 they worked on 32 bit PC'S and now because of the new 64 bit motherboards more ram and 12 core processors and the need for faster computers for gamers we now have Windows 10 and it monitors what software you have on your computer and what you are doing took me 2 hours to close every thing I did not want working in the background and I use a lot of third party software and think Microsoft edge is awful? The only good thing about Windows 10 is that it has defender and you do not have to use and pay for third party anti virus software.

Also Windows now offer cloud storage for you files and photos-etc but the big problems is if you forget your password and if any thing happens to you the any friends relatives will have prove there right to you data and may have get a court order to get access to your data stored on the cloud to get around this use a external hard drive instant access providing it is not encrypted password protected

vibrac

VOC Member
All good stuff Roslyn in full agreement Microsoft Bloat ware indeed
gone are the days I ran a Factory with a full software suite with 16 users with 128K memory and a 5Mb disc

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
I now run a pc with Amd ryzen 9 3900x processor 3.79ghz with 32GB ram 500GB sdd drive using about 50GBb and additional internal sdd 1TB with a mid range 6GBgraphics card (to be upgraded to a top end later on) with a 32" monitor and a 5GB external drive and use it for browsing the net and watching films and some film editing and still find it wanting sometime it is bit slow for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
Slack wire or taut wire advance?
My old 1936 triumph is manual slack wire timing and I do prefer the old electrical mechanical things like the old type voltage regulators with points etc.MCR1/MCR2 ,magnetos dynamos and chronometric speedometers but I do use a awful lot of high tech like hd helmet action camera and computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.