Security Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham Smith

Google and Apple will shortly be enforcing a new industry-wide requirement stating that any two-year security certificate issued after August 30th, 2020 will be distrusted in their browsers.

This will potentially mean that our forum will start showing as ‘untrusted’, even though we renew our certificate on a rolling 30-day contract.

As some of you may know, The VOC Spares Company Limited and the forum website share the same server in order to keep costs down for both parties. Therefore, I’m not entirely sure how this will impact either domain, but rest assured, even if you do get a message saying that the forum or Spares Company website could be unsafe, it’s perfectly safe to visit and do everything that you normally would, until we replace our existing certificate with a new one.

This won’t affect just us, but every other domain on the internet, so you may receive similar messages from other domains that you might visit.

Hope this all makes sense.

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not sure I follow. If we are renewing it every on 30 day contracts that's obviously less than 2 years so what are they expecting then. Oh wait, let me guess a specific certificate that they will provide, for a fee, that works on Google and Apple, but not on say Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge. Ah yes, follow the money.

G

Graham Smith

Not sure I follow. If we are renewing it every on 30 day contracts that's obviously less than 2 years so what are they expecting then. Oh wait, let me guess a specific certificate that they will provide, for a fee, that works on Google and Apple, but not on say Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge. Ah yes, follow the money.

@ClassicBiker Our existing SSL certificate 'should' continue working with no interruptions.

However, you know what technology's like!

Roslyn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Not with the internet any more as I upgraded to window 10. I am doing a job I detest painting a old 1950 Triumph petrol tank as mine has more dents a dings then a french taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.