Searching for Black Shadow series C

snaggles

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello,

I am searching to get my hands on a Vincent Black Shadow Series C... Can anyone point in the right direction. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Any help would be good

John

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
John,

Four suggestions:

1 - Join the VOC
Get access to what's going on in the Club both down-under and in Europe. There are a number of dealers who have access to machines who regularly advertise in the monthly magazine MPH and you can contact them (to join the long waiting list of people wanting a Shadow unfortunately). Go to local meets, meet local riders and you never know where that might lead you in finding a Shadow.

2 - Have a new one built - 1
There is a chap who advertises in MPH to build you a brand new one to current engineering tolerances using all brand new spare parts just like the one that the Club did a couple or three years back - they run very well apparently and that one went to New Zealand so you may get the chance to see it down your way.

3 - Have a new one built - 2
Patrick Godet in France builds brand new Vincents - he can do you a Black Shadow or an Egli in a range of guises - they run really well and you can have one tailor made to suit you like a suit.

4 - Try Frank Trento's shop in Australia, he's well connected into the Vincent scene.

Good luck.

Stuart

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
All the above + , browse the classic press , Classic bike , Classic motorcycle , etc and also ebay !! Careful with ebay though , make sure you check for the dreaded scam before parting with money !

snaggles

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
John,

Four suggestions:

1 - Join the VOC
Get access to what's going on in the Club both down-under and in Europe. There are a number of dealers who have access to machines who regularly advertise in the monthly magazine MPH and you can contact them (to join the long waiting list of people wanting a Shadow unfortunately). Go to local meets, meet local riders and you never know where that might lead you in finding a Shadow.

2 - Have a new one built - 1
There is a chap who advertises in MPH to build you a brand new one to current engineering tolerances using all brand new spare parts just like the one that the Club did a couple or three years back - they run very well apparently and that one went to New Zealand so you may get the chance to see it down your way.

3 - Have a new one built - 2
Patrick Godet in France builds brand new Vincents - he can do you a Black Shadow or an Egli in a range of guises - they run really well and you can have one tailor made to suit you like a suit.

4 - Try Frank Trento's shop in Australia, he's well connected into the Vincent scene.

Good luck.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

I got in touch with Frank and it just happens he sold one last week! He is a good contact thanks for that.

The search continues......

Baytown

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
New Manufactured Vincents

Does any one know if there is a web site or articles for the fella in Option 2 (Build a new one as per the clubs bike) as I couldn't find an ad in the April MPH.
Sounds really interesting.
I've got the French fellas' web site for option 3 thanks.

Best wishes all.

Ken

Albervin

VOC Member
A Black Shadow has just moved to Melbourne from Newcastle (NSW). Price was $70,000. You gotta be quick to get 'em.