Seals for Vincent damper

Grash

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone tell me where I can find new seals for my front damper. It appears to have been modified from standard (judging by the MO63 drawing) but the dims are as follows:

ID 7/16" (~11.1mm)
OD 5/8" (~16mm)
Thickness approx 2.2mm, but it has been compressed. I guess it may have been 3/32"

Thanks

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
O-rings are out there to those dimensions. The problem is that the depth of the groove is too great and it allows the o-ring to float up and down, not sealing properly. You need to machine up a small thin washer either from aluminium or delrin plastic. It needs to be approximately .015" to .020" thick (from memory), with just enough extra thou crush on the o-ring and stop it floating.

Grash

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
O-rings are out there to those dimensions. The problem is that the depth of the groove is too great and it allows the o-ring to float up and down, not sealing properly. You need to machine up a small thin washer either from aluminium or delrin plastic. It needs to be approximately .015" to .020" thick (from memory), with just enough extra thou crush on the o-ring and stop it floating.

The ones taken out were square section, were these standard fitting or should I use round section?