C: Clutch Sealing clutch cover with flat bottom

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Peter. Thanks. No, it is an outfit so the ‘B’ round cover could be the way to go, except having an ally spacer cut would be a lot cheaper. Might put one on my Birthday/Christmas present list. ?

Re Peter's suggestion:
From the VOC Spares webshop:

'B' CLUTCH COVER POLISHED

Use C28-Gasket when a multi plate clutch is used 'wet'. Back in stock GBP 87.48.

Might be a much quicker, simpler and better solution but then again you may not have spare disposible cash

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Hi all. I have been in touch with Paul Holdforth about the Cometic gasket and he sent a photo. I sent him photos of the gaps left when the cover is fitted, and he agreed that his gasket would not do the job. I have decided that the way to go is to have a round ally ring laser cut that will cover the gap. Thank you all for your help and advice. See photos below of the problem. The first is how I cut the gaskets up to now, the second is the gaps left with the cover fitted upside down. The tube over the top is the ‘D’ stand lifting handle.

Just found this problem with my covers & was toying with using HTS rods to build up the lower portion of the Primary Cover, also need to fill two holes that have been drilled in the bottom of the Primary Cover.
Think I`ve got a B Primary on my C twin.
How would you go about getting the Laser Cut plate, & have you got a place you`d recommend ?
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's not hard to cut a ring out of a sheet of alloy by hand, Takes a little time.
I did it on one of my racers, To make room for a multiplate Clutch, Then I cut a bit out to let the air through.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Plenty of places do water jet cutting just supply them a cardboard template at sort out what thickness you want
I got my grey flash plates cut out of 8mm for a few pounds

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
It's not hard to cut a ring out of a sheet of alloy by hand, Takes a little time.
I did it on one of my racers, To make room for a multiplate Clutch, Then I cut a bit out to let the air through.
Cheers Bill.

Thanks Bill,
I may have a go, could bolt it to the Primary Cover after roughing it out, I`d realised after I posted the message that I could use the gasket I`ve got to make a template.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Plenty of places do water jet cutting just supply them a cardboard template at sort out what thickness you want
I got my grey flash plates cut out of 8mm for a few pounds

Thanks Tim,
I realised after posting that I could use the gasket to make a template so I`ve got a couple of options now thanks to you & Bill.
Cheers
Dave

deejay499

VOC Member
Just found this problem with my covers & was toying with using HTS rods to build up the lower portion of the Primary Cover, also need to fill two holes that have been drilled in the bottom of the Primary Cover.
Think I`ve got a B Primary on my C twin.
How would you go about getting the Laser Cut plate, & have you got a place you`d recommend ?
Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave. I searched local laser cutters on Google but they wanted too much money for a one off, so I went with the above and cut one by hand. Not perfect but has done the job well. Thanks to all for the advice.