G: Gearbox (Twin) Sealed or unsealed gearbox bearings

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Should be C3 bearings....... If the gearbox bearings come out without any heat, then it would be ok to use standard bearings with the application of a loctite product.........In a gearbox you can get away with this, but a hammering load like a crankshaft I would not recommend it.

Rob H

VOC Member
Just spoke with the Spares Co, they confirmed that the gearbox output shaft bearings (G14, E91) they sell are C3, however the smaller layshaft bearings G15 are standard clearance.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Probably unavailable anymore.........I have removed some from cases that have been stiff to rotate, but they could have been put in with loctite as well..........need to be careful using that stuff at times........Nice to measure the bearing bores accurately first if possible.

Rob H

VOC Member
Probably unavailable anymore.........I have removed some from cases that have been stiff to rotate, but they could have been put in with loctite as well..........need to be careful using that stuff at times........Nice to measure the bearing bores accurately first if possible.

No they still are available!

greg brillus

VOC Member
Ok that's good, well the smaller bearings seem to suffer the outer race contracting more as the case cools down.........The timing side small main bearing is a bugger for that happening.

LoneStar

VOC Member
Does anyone know the dimensions of the two gearbox mainshaft bearings, G14 and E91?

(Yes, I know I can order them by part number.)