Scale Model Saturn 5 Rocket Launch in Vincent Shop is AOK

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Actually it is one of Paul Goff's LED replacement boards for the Vincent STOP tailight, received a pair of them yesterday.
It's like looking into the Sun!

20130410_100719_zpsea8e18ea.jpg

Alan J

VOC Member
I have uprated all the lights on all my old bikes-and even fitted --shh "indicators" to upset the purists!! Most "classic riders" don't seem to go out in the dark! B.M.W. have fitted an LED. headlamp to their latest "monster"but no "dip"-they use 2 separate headlamps as no one has yet managed to make an LED. that "dips!"

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I'm with you on the indicators Alan ,in fact ' round these parts they call me the Duke of Hazards:cool:
It is always interesting trying to communicate your planned action when riding a bike that does not have indicators.
The favourite is when trying to make a left (right in the UK) with on coming traffic. You sit there with the other fellow staring at you with this quizzical look as you try to nod in the intended direction, the left hand busy with the clutch while the right is doing throttle and maybe brake, if on a hill.Not a very safe situation, but I only have the indicators on this bike and one Norton, the other old bikes are still in need of the upgrade.This system is self cancelling , which is nice..
The only thing worse than no indicators are indicators that are on when they shouldn't be. One can really fool the oncomer who thinks he can make a left at an intersection because you are unknowingly indicating left (right and right UK). I've nearly been flattened a couple of times on the Norton with this trick and perhaps even shouted indignities at the confused oncomer as I slid by... then afterward finally noticing the signals are still on from seven miles back and realizing that my mistake created the near miss! So these self cancellers with the hazard flash option on the Vincent are great.

there..fixed the link

Glen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24d7P2REhzg

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Try it on a 1925 Douglas
waving your hand in front of an acetylene lamp with some orange sweet paper is not perhaps the best way......
but then the heathen push bike gezzas seem to get by without

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Glen,
How do the self-cancellers work? Electronic, mechanical, etc.
...... This system is self cancelling , which is nice..
So these self cancellers with the hazard flash option on the Vincent are great.

Glen

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Ed, the self cancelling unit is also the flasher and it is electronic. It is about 1/4" thick by 2" long and perhaps and inch or so wide, so very tiny for installation inside the battery box or in the headlight bucket. The inputs requires a momentary contact type switch. You could have one switch that was spring loaded to return to the centre off position,. I am still looking for a switch of this type, might have to alter some other kind of switch.
I used a small red kill button type switch either side.

Depress the button for one second and you get 7 flashes, ideal for changing lanes on a highway or motorway, depress the button for two seconds and you get 15 flashes, ideal for rolling thru a left hand or right hand turn on a green light, depress the button for three seconds and the flashers stay on for 60 flashes, which works for sitting at a light.
Depress both buttons at once and the hazards come on and stay on until you push both buttons at once again. So the two buttons are needed to access the hazard function, one self centering momentary switch will only work for the indicators
Glen.

Last edited: