Scale Model Saturn 5 Rocket Launch in Vincent Shop is AOK

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Remember those BMW indicators on the air heads with an anoying beep to remind you to cancel
Fine untill blind people at crossings started to step out......

There is a lot to be said for a noisy Vincent

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Glen,
Is this a Kisan Electronics unit? I have them on the internet but there doesn't seem to be an UK stockist. One of their units is a blade type fuse with the electronics built in. This would be very easy to install.
Ed, the self cancelling unit is also the flasher and it is electronic. It is about 1/4" thick by 2" long and perhaps and inch or so wide, so very tiny for installation inside the battery box or in the headlight bucket. The inputs requires a momentary contact type switch. You could have one switch that was spring loaded to return to the centre off position,. I am still looking for a switch of this type, might have to alter some other kind of switch.
I used a small red kill button type switch either side.

Depress the button for one second and you get 7 flashes, ideal for changing lanes on a highway or motorway, depress the button for two seconds and you get 15 flashes, ideal for rolling thru a left hand or right hand turn on a green light, depress the button for three seconds and the flashers stay on for 60 flashes, which works for sitting at a light.
Depress both buttons at once and the hazards come on and stay on until you push both buttons at once again. So the two buttons are needed to access the hazard function, one self centering momentary switch will only work for the indicators
Glen.