Scale drawing of an Egli Frame

roger v

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Glen Yes I am aware of the offset swinging arm as I have some indications of the Capon item . I have access to a mates series D set up so that should be OK then , what do you think . Roger

highbury731

VOC Member
Monkeypants "I was unable to measure the wall thickness of the Slater Egli, and the owner was unwilling to allow me to drill a hole into it.... "

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that Slater used Bedford CF driveshafts for the Egli top tubes.

Paul

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Or I could ask the owner again about the possibility of drilling a small inspection hole..:)

Roger, I came to the conclusion that Egli really did not stray all that far from the Series C Vincent ufm when designing the Egli top tube portion.
He did jettison a lot of weight and at the same time remove a great deal of flex with the addition of those little side struts that run down to the lower engine mount.
When cornering one is in compression the other in tension to keep the rear wheel in the same plane as the front wheel.
As far as the Egli top tube, I used the general layout of the C Vincent UFM for lug position fore and aft. For steering head angle I used 27degrees, same as Norton Manx.
My headlug offsets were a one off for that bike due to the wide tire and mono shock.

Glen

Last edited:

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Or I could ask the owner again about the possibility of drilling a small inspection hole..:)

Roger, I came to the conclusion that Egli really did not stray all that far from the Series C Vincent ufm when designing the Egli top tube portion.
He did jettison a lot of weight and at the same time remove a great deal of flex with the addition of those little side struts that run down to the lower engine mount.
When cornering one is in compression the other in tension to keep the rear wheel in the same plane as the front wheel.
As far as the Egli top tube, I used the general layout of the C Vincent UFM for lug position fore and aft. For steering head angle I used 27degrees, same as Norton Manx.
My headlug offsets were a one off for that bike due to the wide tire and mono shock.

Glen
Glen,

Sounds like you are about to build another bike. I feel another Glenli style thread coming on or maybe its just wishful thinking.

Gene...

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Hi Eugene
Sadly no, however there is still the lightweight Norton 920 to finish up.
Ive ridden it around the block, but it needs a whole winter of shop-play to make it complete.

Glen

Rapide Jan

New Forum User
VOC Member
Hi everybody,
I have a standart Rapide C, but when I bought it it was in a 'Race Trim'. Converted with a rear sub frame Bolted to the Upper frame and a self made Egli Type swing arm with two shocks.
All parts badly made, so I am planning to redo the Swing arm and rear frame. A drawing of the Egli frame and swing arm would help a lot, so it would be fantastic if somebody could help me with a drawing.
Somebody has a Egli swing arm maybe for sale ?

best regards from Spain

Jan