San Jose, CA Bike Show

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Btw, I had no intention to thank for Johns post. One of the hazards of having large hands and using a mobile device is that a lot of unintended buttons get pushed!

on checking under the "Thanks/Like" icon I see that I have also unintentionally clicked on "dislike" of some post somewhere, haven't been able to find it yet.
Even without trying, I could make a lot of new enemies with this device!;-)

Glen

Last edited:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I am not sure that my post could in any way infer covetous, as I am quite satisfied with what I have in life, and have no great desire to obtain anything else, my life is rather complete and satisfied thank you. As for farting in my general direction, even Monty Python knows that all things odious from the south are repelled at the 49th parrallel!

Oh, Yes Please and thank you Marcus! I've had short rides on two A Twins and as Ian said, they are "an exceptional machine".... and if you make it to this area, you are certainly welcome to a thrash round on my A Comet (you too Ian). As for our covetous friend from just North of here, I will fart in his general direction.:cool:
Cheers, John

mercurycrest

VOC Member
even Monty Python knows that all things odious from the south are repelled at the 49th parrallel![/QUOTE]

I guess you hadn't heard... That has all changed now you guys have Harper running things...... :rolleyes:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
No, you stop the oil flowing south, we stop the smell flowing north. Very simple, and not covetous at all. It seems that I wasn't the one coveting a ride on your bikes!

mercurycrest

VOC Member
err, Robert, covetous is a compound verb that also means selfish.... so read what I said in that context. I think the last thing I lusted after was a Rack of Lamb with Asparagus:eek:
Cheers, John

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Try again, perhaps you could point my tiny mind to a dictionary that defines it thusly, certainly my Oxford doesn't allow for such a meaning??

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Couldn't find a proper dictionary, it must still be in a box somewhere, never to be unpacked, then, I remembered Irene has some kind of paperback she sometimes uses while doing the Sunday, NY Times Crossword.. Finally I found it, a well worn Roget's Thesaurus 4th ed.... I looked up Selfish and under synonyms, much to my distress, I found I was WRONG!! Covetous is an adjective, and not a compound verb!:(