Saint Vincents Day

A

alan wright

Bonjour from French France. Tomorrow, 22nd January, we will be celebrating St Vincents day in France so if you need an excuse to go out for a pint you've got one now. I will be raising a glass of ........vin!! Gottit? vin? Oh well, perhaps another time ...........!

Ride safely, preferably before the vin.
Best regards Alan

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
"Going out for a pint" is fast becoming a lost cause in the UK. liquid dispensing be it alcohol or petrol will soon be the province of Tescopoly and its supermaket buddies only.

the roadsides are littered with closed filling stations and pubs for sale
woe befalls any one in a rural area who's bike or throat is dry

Be warned my French friends

clevtrev

VOC Member
"Going out for a pint" is fast becoming a lost cause in the UK. liquid dispensing be it alcohol or petrol will soon be the province of Tescopoly and its supermaket buddies only.

the roadsides are littered with closed filling stations and pubs for sale
woe befalls any one in a rural area who's bike or throat is dry

Be warned my French friends
That was happening in France, before here.

Howard

VOC Member
That was happening in France, before here.

I think you're right Trev. We stay in rural(ish) areas of France a couple of times a year. There's rarely a filling station apart from LeClercs (still can't spell) and any bar you can find that's open after dark is usually empty.

Pity St Vincent's Day isn't a warmer time of year - good excuse for a rally.

H

bmetcalf

VOC Member
St. Vincent is commemorated by the Chicago Section with the St. Vincent's Day Massacre this year on March 2 and has been graced by various VOC Presidents and Chairmen in the past. (The name is a nod to the Chicago gangster St. Valentine's Day Massacre in the '30's)