Saddle springs series A

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The springs on mine came from Keith Lucas 10 years ago and they look parallel. I don't have an original set to compare against.

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Andy B posted a photo of his original springs in the earlier thread on this subject titled Saddle Springs - Series A (and other pre-war....).

They are identical to mine and identical to the ones in Keith Lucas's kits (except Keith's are slightly thicker gauge wire because we are all heavier these days!). Now that Keith has presumably stopped producing them, I would say there is a market for them.

But I would like to think that there was a company in the UK who could meet the UK demand - rather than risk the expensive importation costs from abroad which could nearly double the price!

Peter B

A_HRD

VOC Member
Keith is unwell and his wife asks that people refrain from contacting him about seats.
Peter B

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
These are the springs, I'm not going into marketing and not looking to make a profit, I have asked for a price from the spring man and he wants $125 per set or he will do 10 sets for $75 per set, but if nobody needs them then I will proceed with the one set. They will probably be a slightly thicker gauge but as you can see they are counter wound and have a shorter end connection onto the seat, similar to a bantam but not as long.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 17

timetraveller

VOC Member
Some of you will be aware that I have had several hundred springs made over the last few years to fit to the JE steering heads. These springs are less complicated than the seat ones mentioned above but cost £30 per pair. I have no knowledge of Series A s but if you would like to come up with a rough number which are likely to be ordered between you, and let me have some drawings or other specs, then I will see if they can better the prices above.