Rubber

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just wondered if anyone has experience of using modern tyres for touring rim sizes, Front WM2 19 Rear WM3 18, I have never used these sizes. For a good many years now I have used an AM20 on a WM1 21 Front, and an AM18 on a WM2 19 Rear. Sadly they are now discontinued and the AM26 has taken their place, with as far as I can tell two less sidewall plies.
I was considering a Metzeller ME77 for the rear, not sure about the front yet, any suggestions welcome

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I have Bridgestone Spitfires, 11F and 11R, on my Touring Comet, and I've been happy with them.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Thanks for that info,they appear to be exactly what I am looking for, only problem being that after my first google trawl I am not sure that they are in the UK market place yet, no matter, I will import if I have to. Could you let me know exactly the sizes you use, not diameter, just width and aspect.
Thanks for your help.
Regards Peter Holmes

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
HI,
try avon road ridders, both roger and I use them on the twins with no problems, and they are easily available.
stumpy.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I ordered a set of Chinese made Dunlop copies a couple of years ago from Walridge motors in London Ontario...They seem ok..and they stop the rims from making sparks on the pavement...

Howard

VOC Member
Avon Road Riders at work. It was also just starting to rain.

I don't know if that's exagerated by the camera, but it looks like quite an angle of lean for a road going twin. I've just fitted Road Riders to my Egli - haven't done enough miles yet, but it looks like a good choice based on that photo.

H

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Super photo David,
I wish I was that brave !!.
It even downloads well , A nice screen saver too, Magic.
All the best Bill.

john998

VOC Member
Tyres

An interesting one this, my Avon AM 26 has worn out in 3000 miles. What sort of
mileage do most folk get. The front tyre last till the walls crack, (never was much good at
setting up the front bakes), but 3000 is only a years riding.
Can any one recommend a tyre that will last longer? John.