Royal Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In the US, the TV coverage was smothering, starting at 4 AM! In the UK were the roads empty, such as during World Cup matches?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
In the US, the TV coverage was smothering, starting at 4 AM! In the UK were the roads empty, such as during World Cup matches?
I tried not to put the telly on !, Roads better than normal, Good day to get in the garage and try to fit Mk2 Amals !. Cheers Bill.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Spent the weekend at the East Midlands rally discussing Vincent's and having the odd pint or two. Didn't see a TV all weekend. Was there something else going on?

timetraveller

VOC Member
I spent the early part of the day working and the middle of the day sunbathing. Did not know or care about either the wedding or the football. When I went shopping late afternoon the local supermarket car park was noticeably quiet for a Saturday afternoon. I am no royalist but consider the following. If we did not have a royal family you can be sure that money grubbing liars would be queuing up for the job. Imagine a president Thatcher or a president Blair

cag201

VOC Member
Went out for a ride and finished up at The Spitfire Museum, Manston. 100 years of the RAF was the theme. Had a nice cup of tea in the Merlin café and a chat with fellow VMCC riders who were out doing the same.
It was also Football cup final day and we missed that as well. The roads in Kent were very quiet and it was a lovely day :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.